Our Largest Day of Service
Saturday, October 17, 2015
1 Day. 1000+ Volunteers. People at the Center of Change.
Imagine how much better Richmond could be if we all spent just 4 hours doing something together for the community. Join over a thousand volunteers across the metro region at over 60 sites to make a difference on one of many organized volunteer opportunities.
Those hosting projects should attend the
Accepted Partner Breakfast on
Thurs, Sept 24, 9-10:30am. Sign Up
Registration for projects will open on Tuesday, September 8, 2015.
Teams: Be sure to select the "sign up with a team" option at the bottom of each post to register. Learn more about how to sign up a team.
- Represent HandsOn as our advocate in the community
- Complete a site visit at your assigned project ahead of time to meet the community partner staff and prepare
- Attend a required PC training session (September 22 or 24 evening, or October 3 morning)
- Assist the community partner with managing volunteers and project details on the day
- Check volunteers in and ensure youth waivers are collected
- Hand out t-shirts, water/snacks, and supplies
- Ensure volunteers have a good experience and the work of the nonprofit gets done
- Return materials to the Celebration afterward and cheers with others to a job well done
Photos and Press
See the photos from 2014 thanks to our volunteer photographers and YOU!
Read the Q&A with staff in the Richmond Times-Dispatch
Read the post-day coverage in the Richmond Times-Dispatch
See the CBS6 Video.