Our Largest Day of Service
Saturday, October 18, 2014
9am-1pm, followed by a celebration
1 Day. 1000 Volunteers. People at the Center of Change.
Imagine how much better Richmond could be if we all spent just 4 hours doing something together for the community. Join one thousand other volunteers across the metro region this October at nearly 60 sites to make a difference in Richmond on one of many organized volunteer opportunities.
Find the project for you! Registration for projects will close 24 hours in advance of the day. Remember--youth are volunteers too and must be registered for projects.
• See projects by Space Available
(this shows ALL projects on Oct 18-be sure to ensure that this project is associated with HandsOn Day before registering)
• See projects by Type
Help with Registration:
Volunteering with a Group?
Volunteering with Youth?
Help us lead projects that day! Apply to be a Project Captain.• Assist the nonprofit agency with managing volunteers and project details
• Welcome, check volunteers in, collect waivers, and return check in sheets to HO
• Hand out t-shirts, water/snacks, and supplies
• Ensure volunteers have a good experience and the work gets done
What are the requirements to be a Project Captain?
• Willingness to serve, lead, and have fun!
• Be comfortable speaking in front of and leading groups of volunteers
• Attend a required two hour training session in early October
• Connect with your assigned community organization site before HandsOn Day
• Engage volunteers with energy and enthusiasm
This application asks you to rank your project choices and pick a training date. If you filled out the first interest survey, this is your final step.
Registered volunteers and nonprofit staff hosts are invited to join us again this year at Hardywood Park Craft Brewery at 2408 Ownby Ln, near the Diamond, for a celebration after service. Join us for:
• food and beverages
• live music
• a community art project
• family friendly activities and games
• in a festive indoor-outdoor atmosphere
The Celebration will be from 1:30-3:30pm. More information will be in your confirmation email after you register for a project.
Use the hashtag #handsonday when posting. Share your project photos with us:
How Else Can I Help?
1) Shop at Ellwood Thompson's on Sunday, Sept 21. 5% of all their sales that day will support HandsOn Day.
2) Visit Hardywood Park Craft Brewery and try a
delicious Volunteer Beer from Oct 1-18. $1 of each sale of Volunteer Beer supports HandsOn Day. Look for it around town in your favorite restaurants as well. Join us at Hardywood for our kickoff the evening of Oct 1. 4-9pm.