Nonprofit and Community Partners:
Download the Project Request form to submit your needs to us.
View special opportunities to give back during the 2013 Holiday season.
Check back frequently, as we are continuously adding opportunities to serve. We are not aware of any done-in-a-day opportunities that happen ON Christmas Day. Many of our nonprofit partners are closed on that day.
Deepen your Impact
Search all of our volunteer opportunities to find longer-term or skills-based opportunities with our hundreds of partners. You can narrow your search by interest, zipcode, population served and more! In the search results, look for opportunities with the time listed as "Open" to find opportunities that could use your help for more than a single shift.
Alternative Ways to Volunteer:Download our list to find ways you can help outside of visiting a nonprofit.
Organize it Yourself:
- generationOn: Be a Joy Maker Project Planning
- Do Something: How to Run a Collection Drive
- Do Something: Donate phones for Domestic Violence
- Check out HandsOn's Pinterest page for ideas you could make, do, or offer to a nonprofit.
- 5 Easy Ways to teach your kids compassion this season
- Donate to HandsOn's High 5 to Drive Campaign to help us buy a truck to store and more easily transport our project supplies for our volunteer projects.
- Find something a nonprofit needs on the ConnectVA Item Exchange and donate it.
HandsOn does not manage, nor have they vetted the following opportunities, but you may be interested in contacting them directly.
- The Giving Heart Community Thanksgiving Feast
- RVA Feed the City
- Dominion Christmas Parade
- Salvation Army Angel Tree and Christmas Mother
- Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run/Walk
- Donate to FeedMore
- The 6th Annual Feed Richmond