Why Partner With Us?
What We Do
HandsOn Greater Richmond builds collaborative partnerships with nonprofits, schools and other community organizations to create real change through civic involvement, volunteerism and service.
How You Benefit
As a partner, your organization can gain access to our growing community of volunteers, post volunteer opportunities online, participate in our large days of service, engage a corporate group, or work with us long term on a recurring project supported by one of our trained volunteer leaders to help manage your volunteers. We also provide volunteer management training workshops and resources.
Most of our services are free to nonprofits!
- Connections to volunteers of all types--Every year, we have more than 60,000 visitors to our site with varying availability, interest, and skill levels.
- Post anytime--Once you've been trained, post your Volunteer Referrals to our searchable database. We made over 8000 referrals to partners last year.
- Market to and manage volunteers--Be visible in the region's one-stop shop for volunteers. Use our site to recruit, communicate with volunteers, mark attendance, and keep track of hours and stats.
- Training--we produce training and bring local and national resources to you in Richmond in all areas of volunteer management.
- Volunteer Leader program--get help with scoping a recurring, done-in-a-day project for a year. Get a matched leader for that year and HandsOn does all the marketing, recruitment of volunteers, day of support, reporting, and management for you.
- Corporate project planning--Our HandsOn@Work program can scope, develop, plan, purchase and organize one-time projects with corporate volunteer groups.
- Mini-grants available--for supplies for participants in our Volunteer Leader program and for our large days of service
- Large days of service--Twice at year at MLK Day in January and HandsOn Day in October, we produce a city-wide day of service. We'll request project proposals, and handle supply funding, project leads, and all marketing and recruitment for volunteers.
Already a partner and looking for
Referral Training dates?
Are you the person coordinating volunteers for your organization? Connect with your peers and ask questions on the ConnectVA Volunteer Managers Message Board.