Become a Partner
1. Make sure you're eligible! We work with 501(c)(3) nonprofits, community-based agencies, schools, and government organizations in Metro Richmond, VA. This includes Richmond City, Henrico, Chesterfield, Goochland, Powhatan, Hanover, Petersburg, Colonial Heights, and Hopewell. See our Partnership Policy for more details.
2. Confirm that your organization isn't already a partner. It's possible that someone else from your organization has already created an organizational profile for your agency. Check our Nonprofit Partner Directory to make sure your organization is not already listed as an Active partner.
3. If your organization is NOT on that active list:
We will be in touch once we review your application to move forward with solidifying the partnership. Once you're approved, we'll grant you individual account access.
4. Learn more about how we could take recruitment, marketing, management and reporting of volunteers off your plate to meet your need with a recurring project for a year in our Volunteer Leader program.
5. Post your needs--sign up for training. We offer Partner Onboarding & Referral Training for free, once a month.
Have a more immediate need? If it is 4 weeks out, we'll send you a template to post for you. Contact us and we'll post your first one for you.
We have a best practice policy of 4 weeks’ notice to get a post up in order for it to be successful. The reasons are:
1) Once a volunteer expresses interest, you will need to communicate with them about next steps. There’s inherent time in the back-and-forth of communication.
2) We have to approve all posts and need time for edits and approval.
3) Volunteers like to plan ahead and sometimes they’re already booked.
We don't want to fail to get you the volunteers you need, so we’ve found this time frame works best.