Become a Partner
1. Make sure you're eligible! We work with 501(c)(3) nonprofits, community-based agencies, schools, and government organizations in Metro Richmond, VA. This includes Richmond City, Henrico, Chesterfield, Goochland, Powhatan, Hanover, Petersburg, Colonial Heights, and Hopewell. You don't have to have 501c3 status, as long as your need is clearly community-benefitting. See our Partnership Policy for more details.
2. Confirm that your organization isn't already a partner. It's possible that someone else from your organization has already created an organizational profile for your agency. Check our Nonprofit Partner Directory to make sure your organization is not already listed as an Active partner.
4. Learn more about how we could take recruitment, marketing, management and reporting of volunteers off your plate to meet your need with a recurring project for a year in our Volunteer Leader program.
5. Post your needs--sign up for training. We offer Referral Training for free, once a month.
Have a more immediate need? If it is 4 weeks out, we'll send you a template to post for you. Contact us and we'll post your first one for you!
2) We have to approve your posts so we need to build in time for edits and approval.
3) Volunteers like to plan ahead and sometimes they’re already booked before seeing the need.