HandsOn offers different engagement options for companies depending on your group size and budget. We can point you to our existing projects or deliver a customized, team-oriented volunteer experience. Our options are efficient and meaningful ways for you to provide team-building for employees and the opportunity to support Richmond's nonprofit community.
Option #1: All group sizes
Featured DIY, can be done anywhere. You sign up online, gather your group at any location to complete the project, are responsible for any supplies and drop off the completed items to our office. There's a new one each month.
Option #2: Group sizes 25 or smaller
Access hundreds of done-in-a-day volunteer slots on our Opportunity Calendar at no cost to you. Find a project that fits the size of your group, then:
(1) Share the link to the project you like with your coworkers and have everyone create accounts with the site and sign-up individually OR
(2) Create a team and choose which members you'll bring with you to each project and sign up for everyone at once.
Most of the time, projects won't be large enough for groups larger than 25, so you may need to break your group up.
You can also search through all the opportunities on our site, some of which may ask for regular or longer term committment.
Remember--if you sign up, the completion of these projects is contingent on your attendance. You can search for opportunities with specific nonprofit partners or narrow by focus areas.
Option #3: Event Sponsorship
Sponsor a community-wide day of service. We typically have 2 large days of service in January and September/October. Sponsorship is closed at this time.
Option #4: Customized Managed Projects
We work diligently to ensure that our community partners can stay on mission by taking on the project management, volunteer leadership, and deployment to create custom projects that have a strong impact on the community partner's goals. There is a cost associated with these services.
HandsOn will provide:
- Identification of nonprofits, causes, and customized-for-you projects that match your civic interests
- Design of a personalized project that meets your budgeted cost and scope
- Management of all project logistics, from buying nuts and bolts to building vendor relations
- Evaluation of the community impact of your project
What's in it for you:
-Team building, morale, and leadership development
-Support of philanthropy and volunteerism initiatives internally and throughout Richmond
-Strong business reputation and a quantifiable community impact
Customized projects typically start at around $1000 for your group. Contact Vanessa Diamond at 804-409-5615 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.