Age Minimum (with Adult):14+, Minimum Age:16+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Chesterfield ReStore Donations Receiver
Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price.
This position will assist the Warehouse Manager with receiving, pricing and processing donations. These donations include, couches, bookshelves, dining sets, desks, cabinets, etc. This volunteer will also help with organization, and maintenance of merchandise in the processing center and on the sales floor.
Donations Receivers are scheduled Monday - Saturday between 9:00am-1pm and 1pm-5pm. (No Sunday Hours)
Essential Position Functions:
- Receive incoming donations, providing donors with outstanding customer service
- Prepare, price and process incoming donations with guidance from the Warehouse Manager
- Distribute and merchandise donations on the sales floor
- Assist in various day-to-day operations in the donations processing center
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries; answering questions and providing customer service to the best of their ability
- Belief in Habitat for Humanity's global mission, principles and structure
- Works well independently but can also work well in a group or as part of a team
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work in warehouse conditions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for up to 4 hours
- Adheres to all ReStore safety and dress code regulations
- Ability to commit to at least one 4-hour shift 2 time a month
- Ability to successfully pass a Federal Background check and a National Sex Offender Registry check
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: