Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Dismantling & Scrapping with GRTC
GRTC is looking for volunteers to assist with dismantling, recycling, and discarding outdated or damaged signs, benches, and other parts. The project takes place at the GRTC facility on Belt Boulevard.
- Tasks include: using tools to dismantle signs; organizing small and large re-usable parts, moving objects to container for recycling or trash.
- Required skills: ability to use wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers or willingness to learn; ability to carry or help carry 30+ lbs. We will provide wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.
- Required clothing: closed-toe shoes. Recommended clothing: long pants, work gloves (we will have some work gloves available). The work is outside, with little shade.
- Time commitment: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Benefits to GRTC: Saves money by re-using what we can; allows paid employees to focus on providing a better GRTC system!
- Benefits to the environment: Re-use and re-cycle!
- Benefits to the volunteer: Work outside! Breathe in the fresh fall air! Get a workout moving a big pile of old signs!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: