Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteer Delivery Drivers
To ensure that all students and families have access to healthy and reliable meal options while schools are closed, RPS will be supporting families in housing transition with additional meals and food delivery.
Volunteers commit to Thursday shifts from September 3 through early November. Opportunities are also available for volunteers who can fill in for shifts on an as-needed basis.
- Each shift starts as early as 9:30 a.m., picking up food at Market@25th in the East End.
- Volunteers provide no-contact food and supply delivery to 5-10 families within a specific area of the city along a predetermined route.
- The shift ends by about 12 p.m.
In an effort to follow social distancing recommendations from the CDC and local health officials, we ask that only those who have signed up show up to volunteer. Additionally, please only sign up to volunteer if you meet the following conditions:
- You are at least 18 years of age and hold a valid Driver's License.
- You hold Virginia state-approved car insurance, and you are willing to use your own vehicle at your own cost.
- You understand that RPS staff may ask you to leave the volunteer project if you show signs of illness or tasks for the day have been completed.
- You do not shake hands or have physical contact with anyone if you are attending a volunteer project.
- You are NOT part of a high-risk group for developing critical conditions.
- You feel healthy and have not been exposed to anyone who may have contracted COVID-19 - see here for more details from the CDC.
- You have not recently traveled abroad or to any highly impacted part of the United States.
REMINDER: Confirmed volunteers will receive an email from an RPS staff member prior to their scheduled shift with further instruction. We ask that only those individuals who have signed up and received confirmation from an RPS staff member show up to volunteer. We appreciate your support in helping keep our community safe.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: