Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:5+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Virtual Opportunity - Neighborhood Shoe/Clothing Drive
Do good, feel good, embrace community - all while social distancing.
We’ve noticed lots of folks talking about using their “social distancing” time to finally tackle some things they’ve been meaning to do forever… like cleaning out their closets and setting aside things to donate. If that’s you, we’re guessing you’ll stumble across some shoes and clothing you forgot you had—and will never wear again. And if you do, Soles4Souls will take them!
Soles4Souls disrupts the cycle of poverty by creating sustainable jobs and providing relief through the distribution of shoes and clothing around the world. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, the organization repurposes product supply its micro-enterprise, disaster relief and direct assistance programs. Since 2006, we have distributed more than 35 million pairs of shoes in 127 countries and generated over $250 million in economic impact. A non-profit social enterprise, Soles4Souls earns more than 70% of its income and commits 100% of donations to programs.
During this time of uncertainty, donations are scarce. Soles4Souls relies on these donations to fund their programs. Here’s how you can help!
Steps to collect shoes/clothes:
- Pledge to clean out your closet by registering here ("Create Your Own") option: https://www.soles4souls.org/shoe-drive-registration/
- Grab some trash bags and go to your closets.
- Put clothes in one bag and shoes in another. Pair the shoes together with rubber-bands or tie the laces and make sure there are no more than 10 pairs per securely tied garbage bag.
- Communicate STEP 3 to you networks via the language below and resources here.which includes a door-hanger template.
- Getting shoes to Soles4Souls:
- If you have at least 50 bags, email Stephanie Hathaway, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pick-up
- OR hold onto the bags and deliver to Soles4Souls Regional Donation Center or zero-contact donation bins when it is safe to do so/stay-at-home order is removed (contact Stephanie to determine nearest option!)
- Watch the impact of what you have donated: https://youtu.be/uROfTYIYRCY
Language to use on NEXTDOOR APP or FB community:
I'm hosting a Sloan's Lake Neighborhood Shoe Drive for Soles4Souls!
Clean out your closet and drop off your gently-worn shoes and clothing on my front porch from date- date. Soles4Souls collects ALL styles of footwear/clothing in ANY condition. Please separate shoes from clothing, tie or rubber band the pairs of shoes together, place shoes and clothing SEPARETELY and in SECURELY tied garbage bags. You can then drop-it off on my porch – address.*** If you would like a tax receipt, you can request one HERE!***
The gently-worn shoes you collect will go to help entrepreneurs in places like Haiti, Nicaragua, Honduras, Moldova, create sustainable income for themselves! The sale of just 1 pair of shoes can provide 5 meals for a family in Haiti. Learn about Soles4Souls – by watching this video! - Soles4Souls turns shoes and clothing into opportunity.
Feel free to contribute to this neighborhood effort or make a financial contribution to Soles4Souls. If you would like to host a drive with your business, place of faith, or school, contact S4SDirector of Operations, Stephanie Hathaway at email@example.com
***Please adhere to state guidelines, regulations and CDC recommendations around Covid-19 if you encourage your neighbors to do this. You can also ask them to hold onto the bags and you can retrieve them once it is safe to do so.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: