Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Boushall Middle School Tree Planting
Please join TreeLab
at Boushall Middle School!
TreeLab is a branch of the Enrichmond Foundation that grows trees and plants to beautify and improve public spaces in the city of Richmond.
Please join TreeLab at Boushall Middle School to volunteer with us to increase the canopy cover that will provide greener public spaces for the community to utilize, especially during the summer months. Boushall Middle School is located in an area of Richmond that is part of the Urban Heat Island, a phenomenon that occurs when low tree canopy cover leads to unhealthy levels of heat during the hottest months of the year. Boushall Middle School’s campus is large and has the capacity to accommodate many more trees in the open lawn spaces. TreeLab will host a volunteer tree planting event at the school in celebration of Earth Day.
Earth Day is recognised as the largest civic event in the world, Earth Day is celebrated on April 22 every year. Boushall's Middle School's Earth Day event will occur on the following Saturday, on April 24. Earth Day aims to raise awareness among masses about climate change and global warming and inspires us to act towards the protection of the environment and focus on the need for conservation. Please join us for Earth Day 2021!
Additional Important Volunteer Information:
- All Volunteers must complete and sign an Enrichmond waiver liability form (please follow this link: Volunteer Agreement).
- Volunteers should dress according to the weather (volunteers should be prepared to get dirty).
- Volunteers should be prepared to stand/be moving the entire time, and be prepared to be in constant exposure to the sun.
- Volunteers must wear safety gloves. (Gloves will be provided. You are welcome to bring a personal pair for yourself.)
- Volunteers should wear closed toed tennis shoes or boots.
- Water bottles will be provided.
COVID-19 & Safety Guidelines:
- Volunteers will have their temperature taken at the beginning of the volunteer day (contactless devices will be used).
- Volunteers must wear a mask. (Masks will be provided. You are welcome to bring a personal mask.)
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Disposable gloves will be provided.
Parking will be at the school parking lot.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: