Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:13+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Featured DIY - Hygiene Kits for YMCA Bright Beginnings
DIY Volunteering allows families and groups of all ages and sizes to participate in community service from the comfort of their own homes. Volunteers purchase supplies and complete the kits in their own space then drop off completed projects at the designated days/times below.
Organizational Beneficiary: YMCA of Greater Richmond, Bright Beginnings
Drop Off Location:
2 West Franklin St, Richmond, VA 23220
Drop Off Days/Times:
- Tuesday, July 28, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 5, 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 11, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
- Thursday, August 13, 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
The Y makes strengthening our communities our cause. We strongly believe that children who have the necessities they need to succeed can focus on learning and thriving in a new school year. Good hygiene is critical in this time of the COVID-10 pandemic, especially in vulnerable communities. With your help, we can ensure the children in our Richmond communities are equipped with what they need for a healthy school year.
1. Sign up for the project by clicking the button below. Every person who plans to volunteer (including youth) must sign up. You can create a volunteer team to sign up your group or family members. Read about how to create and manage teams.
3. DIY! We ask that each participant creates 3 hygiene kits and 3 inspirational cards. There is no maximum contribution for this project, but we will not be able to document more than 3 service hours for any DIY project.
4. Bring your completed DIY to the drop-off location at the days/times listed on the posting. No DIY form or youth waiver is needed.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: