Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:18+
SHC Emergency Food Bank Volunteers Needed
While we continue to support our educational programs remotely, we are also doing our best to support our community through our Community Hub. We will reopen our emergency food bank Tuesday - Thursday to families in need of food. To lower the risk of COVID-19 exposure, families will enter through the gate into the parking lot and approach the window next to the second door on the left.
SHC is looking for volunteers who have some Spanish speaking skills to help run our food bank!
- Tuesday: 9am - 5pm (shifts are 2 hours each)
- Wednesday: 1pm - 5pm (shifts are 2 hours each)
- Thursday: 9am - 5pm (shifts are 2 hours each)
- Completing a short intake form for families through the window (strong Spanish skills required for this)
- Packaging food according to number of family members
- Loading food onto cars, and other tasks as they arise.
***We are enforcing safety protocols which include: temperature checks upon arrival, physical distancing, limiting the number of people in the food bank, handwashing, and wearing a mask at all times!!*** PLEASE do NOT come if you are not feeling well.
If you are interested, please contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com, or express interest through HandsOn and someone will be in touch with you soon.
We also continue to accept food donations and personal hygiene products Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am - 5pm. Please drop off any donations at the second door on the left in the parking lot - please remain in your car and someone will come outside to accept your donations.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: