Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:13+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
DIY: Personal Care Kits for People Experiencing Homelessness
DIY Volunteering allows families and groups of all ages and sizes to participate in community service from the comfort of their own homes. Volunteers purchase supplies and complete the kits in their own space then drop off completed projects at the designated days/times below.
Personal Care Kits for People Experiencing Homelessness
Organizational Beneficiary: Homeward
Impact: These kits will provide individuals experiencing homelessness with essential personal care during the coldest months of the year. Homeward provides access to a Safety Net Shelter for individuals experiencing homelessness every night the temperatures are below 40. However, each morning these individuals must leave and the personal care kits will provide them critical supplies of care products until the shelter re-opens at 4 pm. The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly restricted some of the typically available daytime resources for these vulnerable individuals. Your compassionate personal care kits will help keep these individuals healthy and hopeful during our winter months.
Volunteers are asked to make 5 personal care kits with an encouraging note.
1. Sign up for the project by clicking the button below. Every person who plans to volunteer (including youth) must sign up. You can create a volunteer team to sign up your group or family members. Read about how to create and manage teams.
3. DIY! We ask that each participant make 5 personal care kits with an encouraging note for each. There is no maximum contribution for this project, but we will not be able to document more than 3 service hours for any DIY project.
4. Bring your completed DIY to the drop-off location at any of the following days/times:
9211 Forest Hill Avenue
Richmond, Va. 23235
Any Monday: 11:30 - 1:00
Any Wednesday: 11:30 - 1:00
Any Friday: 1:30 - 3:00
Drop-off is contactless – there will be a drop-off box and sign-in sheet. If you need verification of volunteer hours, please bring a volunteer log to drop-off to be signed – use your own or find one here. Instructions for getting logs signed will be at drop-off. Attendance may not be marked in the HandsOn system.
No DIY form or youth waiver is needed.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: