Make Care Packages for Guests
The Doorways provides lodging and support to thousands of families every year who need to be close to life-saving medical care in Richmond. With 117 rooms, we are one of the largest hospitality houses in the country and proudly operate entirely on donations. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to help us provide some small comforts of home to our guests so they have everything they need to feel supported in their recovery process. We can't do it without you.
This is a perfect activity for businesses, schools, neighborhoods, civic associations, friends, and families looking for a way to give back remotely. Contact us for more details and before starting work on a care package project. Staff is always available to speak to The Doorways mission or provide handouts to any group working on this project.
Care Package Details:
- Volunteers can provide a small care package for guests which could include candy, snacks, drinks, toiletries small gifts (pens, notepad, chaptstick, etc.) - the idea being to provide guests with a small gift or treat or something useful to have on hand
- All care packages should be the same
- Our guests are all either hospital patients or caregivers, they are mainly adults
- Care packages can be placed in gift bags or brown paper bags, or plastic ziploc bags
- Groups are encouraged to write notes or draw pictures to be included in or on the bags
- We can accept anywhere between 30-75 care packages at one time
- They can be tailored to holidays, specific needs or anything your group might like!
Please see example care package below. They do not need to include these specific items, this is meant to showcase what previous volunteers have made to provide an example.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:1+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: