Live Art Set Build Day!
Brief Organizational Description:
SPARC's mission is to profoundly impact the lives of young people through transformative performing arts education. Live Art is one of many SPARC programs; Live Art is a neurodiverse community of young artists with and without disabilities who create original work together throughout the school year, culminating their work in a totally unique, incredible performance experience for the community!
Volunteer Position Description and Purpose:
We need help constructing the set for the Live Art final performance, Outside and Inside. Volunteers will help assemble craft kits for SPARC families, create various crafty art projects for the set, and help shape set pieces made of chicken wire.
Volunteer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take directions from lead of set building
- Craft art projects like upcycled plastic-bottle lanterns, braided fabrics, and more!
- Assemble take-home crafting kits for SPARC families
- Help shape chicken wire set pieces
Qualifications, Skills, & Requirements:
- Please come prepared to take directions and learn!
- If you consider yourself to be good at crafting and art projects, great! If you don't, you're still very welcome! There's lots to do, and we're happy to teach you how to do it.
1:00pm to 5:00pm Saturday, March 18th, 2023; leaving early is okay, but please be on-time!
Other Information (if applicable):
- We will report attendance on HandsOn
- We are happy to sign any community service forms for school / work
- Training will happen on-the-day; just come prepared to do art projects!
- Please wear clothes you can easily move in that you don't mind getting dirty
- Please wear CLOSED TOED SHOES; sneakers are best!
- There is ample parking at SPARC (2106 N Hamilton St)
- Please bring a refillable water bottle; we have lovely filtered water at SPARC
- Most work will be done inside at SPARC, but there may be some work outside if the weather is pleasant
- Please do not come to SPARC if you feel sick
- A volunteer under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult who stays on SPARC's campus during the event
- If you have an access need (like ASL interpretation), please email Maura (email@example.com) to let her know
- SPARC is wheelchair accessible
Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity:
Connect With us On Social