Assist adults with disabilities in recreational activities (Mechanicsville, VA)
Seeking caring, patient and enthusiastic volunteers for Hanover County Parks and Recreation activities for adults with disabilities or special needs including autism, intellectual disabilities, Down syndrome, epilepsy and more.
Volunteers needed to help lead participants in activities such as chair fitness exercises, games, music and movement, crafts and more.
Typically there are about 5-7 adults with disabilities along with their caregivers in attendance.
Volunteers needed to assist with activities.
Dress is casual. Be prepared for outdoor activities. If inclement weather occurs, the program will move the basement of the nearby community center (also in the park).
Keeping you safe in our programs:
- Please stay home if you are sick, have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results or have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- While masks are not required, those who choose to wear a mask are encouraged to do so.
- Physical distancing, hand washing and/or sanitization will be encouraged to the extent possible.
- Shared supplies, equipment and high touch surfaces will be disinfected routinely.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:17+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: