Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Let's Celebrate & Serve at MLK Middle
1) Volunteers will lead and participate with students in a do-it-yourself service activity to benefit an area nonprofit. The project will rotate and may range from t-shirt cat/dog chew toys to seed bombs to classroom learning tools.
- April and May will be making seed bombs for area parks
- decorate the room and assemble goody bags and treats for students
- fill out achievement certificates and present them to students
- direct and interact with students in various games, like Bingo or unstructured activity
Please arrive on time. Volunteers should park in the lot behind the school. This can be accessed by the road to the right of the school when facing it. The entrance to the school is a fair distance from the classroom space we'll be in, so please plan accordingly with travel to arrive on time. Most supplies will be provided but donations for celebration materials, like decorations, candy, streamers, balloons, etc., are always gratefully accepted.
All volunteers who plan to attend must be registered. This includes youth. If the post indicates adults must be present, youth and adults must register together using the team functionality. To learn more about our team functionality, please view our Volunteer with a Group page.
If allowed on the project, any youth volunteers under the age of 18 must bring a parent-signed youth waiver to the project. The waiver can be found after sign up on the confirmation page or by visiting our Volunteer with Youth page.
Registration for this project will close 12 hours in advance.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: