The Altria Request for Proposals process will open December 8, 2022 and will close January 27, 2023. Projects can occur between Feburary 1, 2023 and July 31, 2023. Please read the information below before submitting proposals. * Please note - particpation in this RFP process is by invite only. If you are interested in the process, please email Danee Hudson - firstname.lastname@example.org*
To receive a grant:
- Your orgnaization must be an active HandsOn partner. Confirm or apply for partnership HERE.
- Your orgaization's staff must have attended a Partner Portal Training. Register HERE.
- Have had the project point person attend Get Project Ready. The next session is January 10th. Register HERE.
- Project Logistics - Projects must occur during business hours, Monday – Friday. Projects must be in-person and scoped for approximately 8-30 volunteers. Projects with flexible dates are encouraged.
- Volunteer Recruitment - Projects that meet criteria will be shared with Altria Team Leads. Altria Team Leads will select projects approximately 4-6 weeks prior to project date or timeframe. Altria Team Leaders will recruit volunteers internally based on project scope.
- Project Type - In-person! Do not submit proposals where volunteers are in direct interaction with youth.
- Number of Proposals - You may submit as many proposals as needed. Each project should be submitted separately with coinciding budget.
- Resources - We will award up to $5000 per project. Funds must be spent on supplies and activities related to the project. We are unable to fund food for volunteers and large items like televisions and refrigerators. Your budget should reflect volunteer numbers.
- Project Materials -The Richmond Community ToolBank is a great resource for tools, equipment, or space rental. Please include the cost of borrowing equipment or renting space in your proposal.
Proposal Information and Tools
- You will be unable to save your progress online. Click HERE for a blank proposal template.
- The form is not mobile friendly. Proposals should be completed on a computer.
- Required - Funding Request Form
- Optional Planning Tools - Task Matrix and Supply List