As the main link for individuals, families, teams, and corporate groups to join together and engage in meaningful volunteer opportunities within the Greater Richmond region, HandsOn Greater Richmond is proud to be a strategic partner of Sterling Volunteers, the only background check platform tailored to the specific needs of the service sector.
Sterling Volunteers is designed to make background screening of volunteers faster, easier and less costly for nonprofits and volunteers themselves.
For Nonprofit and Community Organizations:
• saves money by allowing volunteers to share their status with multiple organizations at no additional cost to the nonprofit or the volunteer.
• volunteers can pay for some or all of the cost of the check if they'd like
• provides a consistent standard for volunteer background screening that can be recognized and accepted by volunteer managers everywhere.
• offers paperless administration and secure storage to eliminate paperwork and reduce administrative time.
• updates background checks automatically for a year, giving nonprofits the added security of monitoring their volunteer corps for new criminal records and empowering the volunteer to share an up-to-date background check report with other organizations.
• compliant with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and state laws.
How Does Sterling Volunteer Work?
Training: Sending Volunteer Invitations
The Free Downloads section offers whitepapers, articles, and short one-pagers that will help you stay current on what’s happening in the world of volunteer screening
Connect With us On Social