Age Minimum (with Adult):5+, Minimum Age:13+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Creation Care Community Ambassador
Virginia Interfaith Power & Light (VAIPL) works with people of all faiths to ensure healthy communities and environmental justice through education and advocacy. Are you interested in protecting the environment? Would you like to bring people of all different backgrounds together to save the planet by acting to address climate disruption?
This task is vital to our organization as we reach out to help faith communities answer the moral call by choosing energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability. By standing with front-line communities, we can ensure the safety and health of all Virginians and by bringing faith communities together, we can achieve justice- clean energy, clean air and clean water for all.
2 to 3 hour (or longer) shifts are available.
You Will Be:
- Helping to set up a tent, table, materials and chair
- Engaging passersby
- Talking to people about why the James River, the environment, and acting to protect the climate is important to you or to your faith tradition
- Smiling, being warm and inviting
- Asking people to take an action such as signing a petition or signing up to be a Creation Care voter
- Helping to clean up a tent, table, materials and chair
You Should Bring:
- A water bottle
- Comfortable clothing to be outside (sunscreen, coat, etc.)
Do you think you would be a great Creation Care Community Ambassador Team Leader for a week? (Creation Care Community Ambassador Team Leaders confirm volunteers through a phone call 2-3 days before the event, oversee the day's tabling from start to finish, and make thank you calls 1-3 days after the volunteer opportunity.) If yes, then please let me know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Creation Care Community Ambassador Team Leader).
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: