East End Cemetery Juneteenth Clean-up
Please join the Enrichmond Foundation on Juneteenth for a clean-up day at East End Cemetery!
Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. The day is celebrated with organizations in a number of countries using the day to recognize the end of slavery and to celebrate the culture and achievements of African Americans. East End Cemetery was established in 1897. East End Cemetery is the resting place for many of Richmond's African American leaders from the turn of the 20th century such as Hezekiah F. Jonathan, a business owner and the vice president of the Mechanics’ Savings Bank. There are an estimated 13,000 plots in East End, most of which have become overgrown after over 40 years of neglect. Clean-up activities have been conducted at East End Cemetery for several years. We are walking in the footsteps of some amazing volunteers - including family members who gave their time to hold the line for years. Thank you!
This clean-up activity will promote a clean beautiful space for the families of those interred at the cemetery, the citizens of Richmond, the county of Henrico, and visitors from all over the country.
Important Volunteer Information:
- All Volunteers must complete and sign an Enrichmond waiver liability form.
- Volunteers should dress for being outside.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Volunteers must wear safety gloves. (Gloves will be provided. You are welcome to bring a personal pair for yourself.)
- Volunteers should wear long pants, preferably jeans.
- A light snack and water will be provided.
- Volunteers should wear tennis shoes or boots. (No flip flops or thin shoes)
Updated Safety and COVID-19 Guidelines
- Volunteers will have their temperature taken at the beginning of the volunteer day. (Contactless devices will be used.)
- Volunteers must wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Disposable gloves will be provided.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: