Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:16+
Show Our Direct Support Professionals Some Love!
The Direct Support Professional acts as a mentor, teacher, and support to individuals with intellectual and other types of developmental disabilities to assist them to live, learn and work successfully as an active part of their communities. The Direct Support Professional provides supports as needed, whether in individual’s homes, day services locations and/or community settings, to transform lives and help each individual reach their full potential, while always taking into consideration their dreams and goals for their own lives.
With COVID-19, our DSPs can add “Virus Warriors” to their list of responsibilities. They are diligently working around the clock to keep those residing in our group homes safe. Not only are our DSPs maintaining the safety of our residents, but they are also now working twice as hard to establish a new normal for those whose lives depend on routine. They are working hard to help individuals learn and grow with limited resources.
Please considering sending a kindness card to our DSPs to show that their hard work is appreciated and they are not forgotten as essential workers during this crisis. CRi has over 500 staff supporting over 300 residents within our group homes and 600 more within the community.
Supplies: - Paper - Pens, color pencils, crayons, markers, puffy paint - Stickers (optional) - Stamps (optional) - Glue (Optional)
How to Get Started
1) Grab a piece of paper. Any paper will do! As long as we can read your message, that’s the important part.
2) CRi has 40+ homes that we support. Making the cards generic will help with distribution.
3) Be creative! Be colorful! As long as the card comes from the heart, we are grateful!
4) Add an inspirational/uplifting message! Keep the tone upbeat. Please avoid any religious or political messages to respect the individual believes of our staff. Examples: a) Thank you for all you do! b) You are wonderful! c) I’m amazed by you! d) Keep up the outstanding work!
Appreciation cards can be dropped off or mailed to the following address:
Richmond - 808 Moorefield Park Dr., Ste. 120, Richmond, VA 23235
- Accepting donations Monday - Friday from 8am to 3:30pm
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: