Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) provides support services for families with critically ill children who are being treated at Richmond-area hospitals. RMHC of Richmond is looking for reliable volunteers to serve as House Volunteers to aid in the day-to-day operations of the Ronald McDonald House so that families can stay close to their children while they are receiving treatment.
House Volunteers ensure that everything in the House runs smoothly to allow for families to stay in a clean, comfortable, and cozy environment while their children receive medical treatment at nearby hospitals.
- Manning the front desk, which includes answering the phone and door
- Completing light household chores (i.e. sweeping)
- Resetting bedrooms
- Accepting and organizing donations
- Interacting with families on occasion
- Volunteers must commit to a weekly 3-hour shift for at least 6 months
- Shifts are typically available every day of the week from: 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 12:00 pm-3:00 pm, 3:00 pm-6:00 pm, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
Training and support:
- Individuals must complete a background check prior to beginning volunteer service
- Individuals must complete a training session prior to beginning volunteer service
- House Volunteers are primarily supervised by the House Coordinator and the Guest Services coordinator
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- Volunteers must be dependable, trustworhty, friendly, flexible, and willing to work independently
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: