Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Navigators for Project Homeless Connect
- Meet and welcome your client at Intake, then take them through a structured set of questions.
- You will stay with one client from the time the client enters the exhibit hall through discharge (this may take a few hours or all day).
- If you finish escorting one client and still have time, you will greet another client at Intake and guide that client through the service areas.
- Volunteers need to stay for their entire shift.
Bring ONLY what you need. Don't bring valuables. No secure storage is available for volunteers' belongings. If it is a cold day, we will provide limited storage for heavy coats, but can accept no responsibility for items. Wear comfortable, casual clothing; sneakers or other comfortable shoes are recommended. Short-sleeved event t-shirts are provided for all volunteers. Lunch, snacks, and coffee will be provided.
Training will be on site the day of, from 8-8:30am for the 8am-12:30pm shift and 11-11:30am for the 11am-3:30 shift.
Registration will close 48 hours in advance.
Note: Homeward is indebted with gratitude to each of you for your continued support in the fight to end homelessness. Due to high volunteer support from corporate and community partners, Homeward is limiting public volunteer registration for this event. This is to ensure that the clients of Project Homeless Connect are served by an organized event, and that each volunteer enjoys an engaging experience. Virginia Supportive Housing, one of Homeward's homeless services partners, is an alternative option where you may be able to volunteer outside of this event.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: